"Grandfather, I thought you were a Pai Sho master!"
screw the heartache and tears the finale will inevitably bring seriously just no
just give me uncle iroh, general iroh and fatherlord zuko having family funtimes in the spirit world okay
is that too much to ask bryke
Okay, this has been on the backburner for freaking months and the colours were basically throwing a hissy fit, so I had to revert to mishmashed tones and lines and stuff. After realising the finale was so close I figured if I didn’t do anything with it now, it would never see the light of day. There are probably mistakes everywhere, but that’s okay… I’ll fix them tomorrow… [and ignore that Pai Sho table I literally just threw tiles on there randomly and ran away…]
seriously i just want my three babies interacting together…hnnnnng
Also, yes, this is indeed a Pai Showdown. Get your act together, Zuko!
when you go to a friends house and their pet sits next you
statue-of-libroty is this what you do?
Unfriendly reminder that in America it’s reasonable to say an unarmed black kid deserved to be shot six times because he might have robbed a convenience store, but a white kid shouldn’t be kicked off the high school football team just because he violently raped a girl.
Kim and Kanye are so cute together I seriously just can’t even
My goal in life is to make a nigga feel the way Terrance Howard was feeling when Beyonce was giving him a lap dance
I’M TRYNA HAVE A NIGGA QUESTIONING HIS WHOLE LIFE EXISTENCE LIKE NICKI HAD DRAKE AFTER SHE GAVE HIM A LAPDANCE
So when Miley Cyrus or Katy Perry bring black girls on stage, dance with them, acknowledge their figures- it’s offensive and appropriating. But, when Nicki Minaj makes an entire video focusing around black girl’s asses and asserts her power, reduces these women to objects and flaunts her authority it’s YAAASSSSS NICKI SERVE IT. Is that because she’s black? So it’s okay for people of the same race to dance with each other but someone who does not share the same levels of melanin enters the picture, they’re doing something wrong? …idgi
You’re completely ignoring context. In Lily Allen’s Hard out Here video, she literally says, “I don’t shake my ass cause I have a brain” as Black women shake their asses in her video. She is literally degrading the Black women who shake their asses in the media. The song also uses references to Black rappers (i.e. the title of the song referencing the rap song “Hard out Here for a Pimp” and her lyric “bragging ‘bout my cars or talking ‘bout my chains”), suggesting that Black rappers are more sexist than white male musicians (which isn’t true, there’s lots of sexism in all music genres) and also suggest the source of sexism in the music industry is Black people (Black male rappers and twerking Black female dancers).
In contrast, Nicki Minaj is reclaiming a song (Baby Got Back) that was made by a Black male rapper who celebrated (but also objectified) Black female bodies. Throughout her song, Nicki raps like a man would, talking about her sexual conquests with men and the size of their dicks, almost as a way of doing to men what they have done to women (objectifying their dicks as Sir Mix A Lot objectified Black women’s asses and many other men objectify women’s vaginas). She also brags about her sexual prowess and stays in control and aggressive in the video (she goes as far as cutting a banana representing a dick and slapping Drake’s hand away—the video critiques the male gaze). The target of mockery and disparagement in Nicki’s video is men and the male gaze, and the video works to reclaim agency from it.
In what way is Nicki asserting power over her dancers? In her video, she twerks along side her back up dancers and dances with them and interacts with them on the same level. She is just as scantily clad as they are. Lily Allen, however, stays fully covered in her video, does not dance provocatively, and thus contrasts her own pure and respectable femininity with the Black women, using their twerking and scantily clad bodies as an example of “bad” female sexuality and femininity—of women “objectifying themselves.” This is racist because it frames Black female sexuality as lesser than white femininity and antithetical to feminism.
In summary: Nicki’s video is very much a celebration of female Black beauty and sexuality coming from a Black woman. Conversely, Lilly Allen’s is using Black women as props to frame them as a vile or bad form of sexuality or being too sexual to prop up her own feminism.
So you might say, “what about Miley Cyrus? she twerks along side her Black background dancers too!” But here’s the problem: Miley Cyrus continually appropriates Black culture and also uses Black women as props. It does matter that these artists are white because in these cases the point of including the Black women is either to, in Lily Allen’s case, offset Black sexuality/femininity as too sexual or bad in comparison with her white femininity/feminism, or, in the case of Miley Cyrus, to get “street cred” and exotify her own sexuality by appropriating Black culture and using Black people as props to do so. See this analysis of Lily Allen’s Hard Out Here video and this analysis of Miley Cyrus by Black people who know a lot more about this than I do.
I haven’t seen anything about Katy Perry using Black dancers. I’ve just seen criticisms of her appropriating AAVE and other PoC cultures. I’m not sure why you brought her up, but maybe I just haven’t seen the videos in question.
Either way, it’s not like white artists having a diverse cast of back up dancers is a bad thing automatically. Here is an example of a white artist using back up dancers of other races without objectifying them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ilh1ewceco (notice this artist tackles the same issue as Lily Allen—sexism/objectification in the media—without being misogynist and racist toward other women). But the examples of Lily Allen and Miley Cyrus ARE racist and Nicki Minaj’s video isn’t the same as theirs.
this person has played TF2 for an entire school year
hello hello everyone so guess what yes yay this is part 2 of the life hacks post but this is the studying edition i know that you guys might have midterms and finals now and i hope this helps you with everything you need i wish you all the best and i hope you ace the shit out of this year if you have any questions about anything i’m always available i love you good luck -shakes xx
- how to take notes
- late essay? no problem
- how to write good
- how to write a good essay
- look like you’re typing an essay
- free microsoft word?
- word on the tip of your tongue?
- use big and interesting words
EASY & QUICK
- best learning website ever
- documentary films
- how to study?
- learn any subject
- how to do anything
- learn how stuff works
- brainstorm online
- look for your worksheets on here
SCIENCE & MATH
- coffee shop feeling while studying
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- download free books
- free textbooks
- college life hacks
- finals survival guide
- get more accurate information
Some playlists to listen to while you’re studying // doing your homework:
TIPS & TRICKS
- Studying in a blue room relaxes your mood and makes you more productive, which is great for finishing up assignments and homework.
- Spray an unfamiliar scent, and chew an unfamiliar flavour of gum while you’re having a study session.
- Before you start your exam, write down the things you think you might need while they’re still fresh in your head at the top of the page such as formulas and vocabulary words.
- 'Times New Roman' is the easiest and fastest font to read.
- When writing an essay, add the opposing point of view to make the read look at both sides.
- When you’re taking notes, pretend you’re writing them for some else, preferably someone you care about, and imagine them not knowing anything when it comes to the class you’re writing notes in.
- Using colours when writing your notes helps you remember faster, avoid using only one colour as it might dull out important information.
- Change your font from 12pt to 14pt when writing essays, it looks the same but increases the number of pages by 1-2.
- Cinnamon flavoured gum helps you stay awake, use it for your morning classes.
- Speaking something out loud helps your remember, so always read your notes aloud when you’re studying.
- Reading the first and last paragraphs and only running over the middle has the same outcome as reading all of it.
- Chocolate has the ability to improve your math skills.
- Always have an alternative email, you never know when it might come in handy.
- Cold showers over coffee anyway. It keeps you fresh the entire day, and also helps you stay focused and less tired throughout the day.
- Reward yourself with 15-20 minutes of free time with every 45 minutes of studying.
- If you’re pulling an all nighter, sleeping the 20 minutes before the sun comes up helps your body relax and you’ll be less tired.
- Replace the colour tube of your red pen with the blue one. No one steals a red pen, and no one wants it.
- Always say yes to extra credit, no matter what your grade is. It can make a huge different seeing as it has the ability to change one percent which can change an entire grade letter.
- ALWAYS DATE YOUR NOTES // ASSIGNMENTS.
- Writing something down is an equivalent of saying something 7 times.
- No matter how much time you have left, do it earlier. You’ll be glad you did.
- Be friends with your teachers, you never know what can happen during the school year.
- Have a study group, you’ll have friends to explain things to you and vide versa, also you can share notes and finish up homework without feeling like time is passing by slow.
And now an inspiring quote said by my biology teacher to one of my friends who wouldn’t stop looking at the clock, “The time will pass, but you might not pass this class.”